These have been busy days causing much blog-neglecting, so for now I shall finally snag the writing activity from Corra McFeydon’s A Lit Major’s Notebook blog as I told her I would. I had also told her I had a Spotlight Award waiting for her when her blog was up and running again, which is still out there for the offering, though I know she will graciously not accept 😉
This is in keeping with some of the writing prompts I follow that allow for brevity…it’s like an ink-blot test, really, offering insight through metaphorical self-perception:
– If I were a season, I’d be autumn.
– If I were a month, I’d be October.
– If I were a day of the week, I’d be Thursday.
– If I were a time of day, I’d be 23:00.
– If I were a planet, I’d be Saturn. (I like a good accessory).
– If I were a direction, I’d be West.
– If I were a tree, I’d have the perfect branch to sit and imagine on. (and there’d be a monkey in me)
– If I were a flower, I’d be dried jasmine blooming at the bottom of a tea cup.
– If I were a fruit, I’d be a tomato.
– If I were a land animal, I’d be a cat, sleeping in a sunny window.
– If I were a sea animal, I’d be manatee, fooling sailors that I’m a mermaid.
– If I were a bird, I’d be a mockingbird.
– If I were a piece of furniture, I’d be a chaise lounge.
– If I were a liquid, I’d be red wine.
– If I were a stone, I’d be sedimentary.
– If I were a tool, I’d be a level.
– If I were a kind of weather, I’d be alternating showers and sunshine, UK-style.
– If I were a musical instrument, I’d be a piano.
– If I were a color, I’d be burnt sienna (consult your Crayola box).
– If I were a facial expression, I’d be a raised eyebrow.
– If I were an emotion, I’d be anxiety.
– If I were a sound, I’d be fingers tapping on a keyboard/piano keys in inspiration or a flat surface in impatience.
– If I were an element, I’d have an even atomic number.
– If I were a car, I’d be a Volkswagen.
– If I were a food, I’d be cheese.
– If I were a place, I’d be lined in dark wood paneling and floor-to-ceiling bookshelves, flickering in candlelight.
– If I were a flavor, I’d be spicy.
– If I were a scent, I’d be spicy 🙂
– If I were an object, it would be fun to be unidentified and flying, too.
– If I were a body part, I’d be the eyes.
– If I were a song, I’d be “Just Like Heaven” by The Cure.
– If I were a pair of shoes, I’d be black ballet flats.
– If I were transportation, I’d be my own two feet.
– If I were a fairy tale, I wouldn’t want any contemporary retellings of me to star J-Lo.
– If I were a holiday, I’d be spent traveling.
Oh yeah, and if I were a song, I’d also most certainly want you to rock out to me (men, apply that guyliner):
August 18th, 2010 at 22:55
If I were a season, I’d be Winter. If I were I tree, I’d be an Oak and If I were weather, I’d be a storm with thunder and lighting mwah ha hah
(oh and for a song, I would be Bauhaus – Passion of Lovers, just because it’s my fave Bauhaus song)
August 19th, 2010 at 12:04
Oooh, I like the stormy weather…the absolute best when you’re warm and snuggly in bed – I really miss those booming storms from home. And I just YouTubed the Bauhaus video–nice! If you were a song, you’d rule!
August 19th, 2010 at 23:56
I meant to tell you, when I was in a band, we used to cover that Cure song you would be…that was a long time ago.
August 20th, 2010 at 12:01
Oh, excellent! I love that you were in a band—too cool, and fine taste in music, I might add 🙂
August 19th, 2010 at 12:23
“If I were a planet, I’d be Saturn. (I like a good accessory).”
Haha this cracked me up! 🙂
I love this post Monkey- so much fun!
That song was amazing but if I were a song- I’d definitely be “Lua” by Bright Eyes 😉
August 19th, 2010 at 19:24
Okay, I finally Googled Conor Oberst…I know, it’s beyond pathetic that I’m not aware of him! Anyways, as I type this, I have Bright Eyes’s “Lua” playing in the background on YouTube 🙂 What a sweet, sweet song and what a voice! On further research, I like him even better because the first album he owned was by The Cure. Coincidence? I think not!
August 19th, 2010 at 20:35
Ahh! This was a fun meme to read. I was having fun reading it and thinking about what my answers would be. I would be autumn as well. And I really like your fairy-tale one, that made me laugh.
August 20th, 2010 at 12:03
Thank you, Mckenzie! Ah yes, autumn…just something about that season, isn’t there? There’s something in the air at that time of year that makes me feel so nostalgic 🙂
August 21st, 2010 at 06:46
Thanks for sharing! I love that you are “the perfect branch to sit on and imagine.” I think I might have sat on you a couple of weeks ago when I was mediating in this beautiful park near my house. Hope you didn’t mind. 😉
August 21st, 2010 at 13:12
Why, no bother at all, Ollin—what kind of tree would I be if not a retreat for meditation 🙂 That sounds wonderful – hope the moment was peaceful and clarifying.